About / CV
A camera enables me to spot the extraordinary in the ordinary. Some of my recent works are based on still life photography with a personal theme, molding aluminum foil as a skin on people, its metallic surface reflecting light, creating abstract images. All colors are created in a simple analog manner by placing colored paper in front of the foil. Ordinary foil deconstructing people into chaotic shapes.
- 2012 PARSONS photography department B.F.A., New York.
- 2015 The Exposure Award, The Ultra Color Collection.
- 2010 Merit Award from Black & White Magazine.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2016: “Postcard from the Edge” with VisualAIDS, at Sikkema Jenkins Gallery, New York.
- 2015: "LIC Arts Open", REIS group Show, Long Island City, New York.
- 2015: “Interpretations: Best Of”, at The State Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 2012: “Contemporary Interpretations of Beauty in the Museum”, at The State Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 2012: Case Gallery, New York, NY.
- 2012: AMO Studio, Brooklyn, NY.
- 2012 Vik Muniz http://vikmuniz.net/
- 2011 Brian Finke http://brianfinke.com/
- 2016: Published photo book “Forgotten Landscape”, about Fukushima, Japan.
- 2016: VICE Magazine 3/11 “The Forgotten Landscapes of Fukushima.”
- 2014: Directed documentary “3 Years Past”, film about students from Fukushima, Japan.